Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lesson 3 Reader's Advisory-NoveList by Goldilocks goes Digital

 I just finished editing this entire lesson and I lost all my information by clicking on the wrong arrow----how totally frustrating.  I will start over and say I found this fascinating because I haven't used this resource before and I have a "reluctant reader grandson" who is 9 and in the 4th grade at Barnette Magnet School.   The only series he has been turned on by and read every book was Jeff Kinney and the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.  He can read if he is engrossed because he has read Lego Directions, Science experiments etc.  His 3rd-4th Grade teacher would not let him do any book reviews on the Kinney' books so it has been a constant battle to get him to read.


Using NoveList K-8 I found some other others he may like and it was easy to make a list and email it to his Mom!  I also kept a copy for this summer when I am back home.  I see the usefulness of this resource even if I am just volunteering at school to help kids find other reading series they may enjoy.


In looked at How To Use NoveList support center and in the Knowledge Base services I found trainings offered as well as self training online downloads for most subjects.  I was especially interested in the Audiobooks, Biography reference center, kids search and Small Engine Repair.


I read Book Recommendation Article and I have copied the 7 sites into my notebook as I feel each is good and uniques in it's own way.
I have used a couple of them before just by using goggle and Good Reads!


My reflections on this lesson is that it will be one of my favorites and most useful sites in this course.  I enjoyed all the time I spent on this even when I lost all my information.  I am not taking any chances so I will publish without editing!!! HA, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment