Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lesson 7A Auto Repair Reference Center

1.  On the Find your Vehicle of the Auto Repair Reference Center I used the list of The 50 Most Famous cars to look up a car we once owned" The Delorian".  This was the original Batmobile in the movie and also in the movie Back To The Future.   This Irish made car was ill fated and was said to have a time lapse effect that made it appear to be flying through time????  They did not last long and all the essential details about the engine were listed on this site. sports car, inecisely 88 mph, the DMC 12 was ca

It showed that it was only made in 1981!  All metal and silver in color, and resembled a space craft. I tried to post the picture I found on the list but it wouldn't copy.

2.  My current automobile in Alaska is a R350 Mercedes-Benz and I did not see any recalls listed on it.
In checking out the maintenance schedule I did not find it user friendly.  It was much too complicated and hard to navigate.  Each time I was forced to repeat all my information and then a list that was so long would appear and I would get lost.

I liked what this offered and if I wanted to learn some basic automotive skills I think the videos would help as I am a visual, hands-on learner .  I am now able to recommend this site to students that are working on cars or my husband who is a collector of classic cars and often wants to find out things about each unique car.

So I am revising the first part of this exercise because I used the list of 50 Famous cars for the first part rather than the Digital Pipeline example.  I have gone back and retraced my steps using our California Automobile, a 2000 Jaguar S Car with a V8 engine.  I looked at the diagrams of the heating and air-conditioning systems along with the fuel systems diagrams and they were "Greek"  to me!   I checked and there were no recalls that I could find on this particular vehicle.  I did not find this exercise too important to me except to refer other people who are looking for information on their vehicles to this site that is filled with information.  I pay my$125.00 a year and belong to the AutoClub and wherever I may be located they come to my aid.  Mechanics and I do not mix and I am sure I would hurt myself if I tried to fix a problem.

On Part 7B I looked up Harley Davidson, Super Sport 2004 and it showed how to run routine maintenance check items.  I looked over all the sections offered so I could recommend them if needed to others but the chances I would ever need this site is doubtful.  It seemed easy enough to navigate but for me impossible to use.

1 comment:

  1. I was unable to find the Delorian in the Auto Repair Reference Center. Taking the year from your post, I was then required to choose a make, and Delorian wasn't one of the options. The system wouldn't let me choose a model without a make. How were you able to find the listing? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete